My friend saw my Perler projects and wanted me to make him something. I told him to pick a couple of designs he’d like to have and I’d surprise him. His choices:
- Freya from FFIX
- Vivi from FFIX
- A Moogle
- A Tonberry
- Tera from FFVI
All were EXCELLENT choices! I wanted to do one of each but I could not find a good design or a design I liked for Freya, Vivi, or the Tonberry. The designs that interested me were much larger projects than I was comfortable with at this time. I found some nice designs for Tera and moogles, but when it came time to start the project, I was only interested in making the moogle design. Sorry Tera, I was just not in the mood for you!!
Approximately 5.40″ x 6.25″
Pattern Width: 27 beads
Pattern Height: 32 beads
Total Colors: 14
Total Bead Count: 566 beads
Credit: Created pattern using sprite created by [Pinedavx]
It came out pretty good! As stated in the previous post, I ran out of the painters tape I was using to tape the beads together before ironing. Since the tape I was using before gave me issues with leaving adhesive behind on my designs, I opted for different tape. I ended up with 3M 2080 edge lock tape for Advanced Delicate Surfaces. I wanted to make sure no adhesive would get stuck to my Perler design!
First Mistake. Getting tape with low adhesion level. The tape had such low adhesion level that beads would pop off while I was trying to remove it from the pegboard. A good amount of beads had fallen off. Luckily, this is a fairly small design so it was not too bad, but I can not imagine what kind of nightmare this would be on a larger piece!!
Other than that, there really was not any other mistakes worth noting. Nothing is ever perfect, but I consider this one very close to it! Yay!
If there is a design you would like to see, let me know and I might try and make it 🙂