- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- Trifecta is open to everyone!! Please join us.HEAL (verb)1a : to make sound or whole
b : to restore to health2a : to cause (an undesirable condition) to be overcome : mend <the troubles … had not been forgotten, but they had been healed — William Power>
b : to patch up (a breach or division) <heal a breach between friends>3: to restore to original purity or integrity <healed of sin>
She went for it all, the glitz and the glam. Snatching and grabbing — clutching to the lies. When did happiness gray into sadness? Laying in her abyss of loneliness, she curls up and waits.
Her cocoon of darkness and loneliness is all she has to heal the mess she made.
I decided I was going to try and write again. Having not done any creative writing since I was in high school, I found it extremely hard to get back into it. I decided to look up challenges on the internet to help crank my rusty gears. I came upon Trifecta’s Writing Challenge and felt it was the perfect start for a beautiful beginning.
The challenge was to use the 3rd definition of “Heal” from the Merriam-Webster dictionary. 33-333 words — no more, no less.